Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Lucid Dreamer

I've already read a little bit of The Lucid Dreamer, but I'm really excited about reading the whole thing. It's full of really interesting information about how the brain dreams. What I'm most interested in is distinguishing the difference between the dream world(s) and reality. Is this world just as much a construct of our imaginations as our dreams are? What makes us sense dreams, and why are some senses more accute than others? What facets of the brain affect how we view "reality"?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an interesting book. I found a book that explained what dreams meant and I think it probably connects to how the brain works during its resting period. What is the most interesting fact or part of the book did you like the most? Would you recommend it and why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lucid Dreamer sounds like a super interesting book. I've been interested in learning about lucid dreams. I don't think this world is as much of a construct as our dreams/imaginations, but if you believe different, you should tell me about your thoughts in class!

    Have fun reading and learning!

    ReplyDelete