Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Week

I'm really excited about Obama possibly visiting our school.  It would be the experience of a lifetime to meet Barack Obama, although he hasn't exactly been revolutionary.  I wish he would be more bossy about the environment.  Someone has to do it.

I think, though I'm not sure, that even if science can give us infinite more brain connections and cells, we won't be able to access it all.  You know how they say we only use 10% of our brains?  Well, we know that some parts of our brain are dormant or underused because we live in civilization--parts of the brain used for walking on rough terrain, for example.  Also, the way we view the world is much different from the way uncivilized cultures viewed the world, and I wonder if this accounts for differences in brain activity.  It will be interesting to see how we can use our new, bigger brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment